Applications are invited for the post of Deputy Managing Director at the British Virgin Islands Ports Authority, for immediate employment.
- First Degree in Management /Port Operations.
- Post graduate qualifications in Management/Port Operations.
- Ten (10) years experience in a senior management /port operations activity.
Salary will be determined commensurate with relevant qualification and experience.
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts in place of Managing Director in instances when the Managing Director is temporarily absent from the Territory or is temporarily incapacitated due to illness.
- Performs such powers, duties or functions as delegated by the Managing Director from time to time, as may be considered necessary, subject to the general or special direction of the Managing Director.
- Directs and coordinates the Operations Department, including but not limited to, all cargo and passenger activities as follows:
- Prepares statutory and operational reports in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Responsible for all marine matters, such as pilotage, regulation, and direction of vessels within the Authority’s control, operation of the launch, radios, navigational aids, etc.
- Monitors the implementation and performance of the Authority’s policy decisions in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Assists the Managing Director with the management of all administrative affairs of the Authority.
- Assists the Managing Director with all matters relating to the safety and security of all Ports Authority activities, including passengers, employees, Government department personnel and the general public.
- Any other duties assigned.
CLOSING DATE: February 15, 2013
All interested applicants must submit a completed Application Form along with the required documents during the hours of 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m. Monday – Friday to the following physical address:
British Virgin Islands Ports Authority Headquarters
2 Port Purcell
British Virgin Islands
British Virgin Islanders or Belongers Only.